Dark Raspberry Truffles
- 80g raspberries
- 200g dark chocolate
- 100ml coconut milk
- cocoa powder, icing sugar, or chopped nuts
- Crush the raspberries in a bowl with a fork, until they are a puréed mush.
- Put a little water into a saucepan, and place a glass bowl in it so that the bowl is balancing about halfway into the saucepan, over the water, and put the hob on medium heat.
- Add the chocolate and coconut milk into the glass bowl. Gently stir the contents as the chocolate melts, until the mixture is smooth with no lumps in.
- Take off the heat and fold the raspberries through the mixture.
- Chill the mixture in a fridge until it is firm (about an hour to an hour and a half in the fridge or half an hour in the freezer).
- Scoop into little balls using a teaspoon. Gently and quickly, roll them between your hands (they will melt if held for too long).
- Roll in chopped almonds or dust with cocoa powder.(I also rolled them in dessicated coconut, which is delicious.)
The recipe says “makes 12” but I made 16 from the mixture.
(Original recipe from Less Meat More Veg by Rachel De Thample)